Layne's Blog

Ireland – Week 8 Post

| 3 Comments

Dia dhuit! Welcome to Ireland! I don’t live in Ireland, but half of my family is from there. Ireland is a country in Europe. The main language they speak there is English, but the traditional language is Gaelic. It is a very interesting country with 4.784 million people living in it. I hope to travel there someday and see the roots of my family!

Creative Commons CC0 License

Image via wikimedia

3 Comments

1. Dear Layne,

I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning about Ireland. I found it interesting that half your family lives in Ireland. I have always wanted to travel there as I heard that this country is beautiful. I look forward to reading more of your future posts!

Sincerely,
    Sarah(Student Blogging Commentor)

2. Hi Layne,
    Dia dhuit! What a terrific way to start your post about Ireland. I have some family in Ireland too. It would be fun to visit. Would you learn some Gaelic before you went? Which part of Ireland would you visit?

Marg
    student blogging challenge commenter

• Hi Marg!

I’ve actually been trying to learn some Gaelic. It’s a very interesting language. I think I would visit Dublin first just to get a sense of the cities. Then I’d go to Killarney National Park. I’ve heard it’s very beautiful!

-Layne